Saturday, April 6, 2013

haus of gloi komodo


Mangosteen, Tahitian vanilla bean, dragons blood resin and faded tropical blooms.

Taking a break from the Arcana-fest, today we're going to talk about one of Haus of Gloi's new spring scents: Komodo.


In the imp, Komodo smells sweet and tropical, like mango juice, vanilla cream, and faint island flowers. On skin the floral notes are stronger, almost eclipsing the sweet/tart mangosteen. There is a bit of an incensey vibe from the dragon's blood resin, but it's not overpowering - it just kind of grounds the whole thing. I honestly don't smell much vanilla at all once it's on, which is disappointing.


The main notes here, at least to my nose, are the tropical blooms and the mangosteen, in that order. I didn't expect it to be so floral, and the cold sniff from the bottle wasn't. It's not bad - the floral notes work very well with the mangosteen - it's just not what I was hoping for. After a few hours it's less floral and the vanilla peeks out a bit, which is nice. At that point I like it quite a bit more, but it takes too long to get to that point for me to want a bottle of it.


Misc. Notes: The boyfriend says, "it smells very clean. A little citrusy."


Would I buy it again? Probably not. On cold sniff I was sure I'd be getting a bottle of this. Now that I've tried it out, I'm thinking not so much. I don't dislike it at all, and I will certainly use the mini pumpkin butter and whipped soap I picked up in this scent, but ultimately it's just more floral than I prefer.


Available from: Haus of Gloi

No comments:

Post a Comment