Saturday, January 5, 2013

flourish almond milk


Flourish Almond Milk 10ml perfume oil


Soft, sensual, intoxicating: almond, vanilla, musk, a wisp of white chocolate. This fragrance manages to be both a soothing comfort scent and incredibly sexy at the same time (try it- you'll see what I mean). Sugary perfume haters need not apply, but lovers of all things sweet and gourmand- I think you'll enjoy this one quite a bit.

Back when Firebird Bath and Body was Flourish Bath and Body, Almond Milk was one of my very first indie perfume purchases. Maybe even THE first.

In the bottle this is musky, powdery-sweet almond. It's a bit sharp and I don't smell much in the way of milky notes. Wet on skin the powderyness dies down a bit, and once it's dry the sharpness is gone and it's all soft, musky almond and the milk comes out more. It's an incredibly comforting scent, like snuggling under a blanket with a mug of warm milk (or tea, because in reality I think warm milk is gross). There's none of that strong amaretto-type almond here; it doesn't smell the least bit cherry-like to me. It's still one of my favorites because I just find it very soothing and, well, for lack of a better word yummy to wear.

Re-reading the description, I think maybe the creamy milk notes I'm getting are a combination of the vanilla and white chocolate. I wouldn't have pegged either of them from sniffing, but it makes sense.

The throw is average but the lasting power is good. I find it lasts a full day on me, though I do sometimes touch it up just because I like the smell so much and want it to be stronger.

Misc. Comments: Mike says: "I couldn't tell you what it smells like, but I like it. It's very sweet and delicate."

Would I buy it again? Forever and ever, if I ever run out. I've had it for years and have barely made a dent in the bottle, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment