Wednesday, January 2, 2013

haus of gloi fancy bread


Haus of Gloi Fancy Bread pumpkin butter, bubbling scrub, and soap


Ripe banana, roasted nuts, and brown sugar folded into a delicious quick bread.

Fancy Bread is from the Yule collection. I believe 2012 was the first year it was offered.


In the tub I smell banana Laffy Taffy. It's a very sweet, sort of artificial banana smell. I'm not knocking it when I say it's artificial, by the way - I love fake banana smells. And real banana smells. Basically all banana everything. Except, oddly, actual bananas most of the time. Anyway. Once it's on my skin it's a more true banana bread scent, with hints of spices, toasty nuts, and brown sugar. It stays true to this scent for the duration, and it is a fairly long-lasting scent, at least in the pumpkin butter formula. I find most of HoG's pumpkin butters are highly scented this way.

I haven't used the scrub or soap yet, but from sniffing them I can say that the scrub smells about the same as the pumpkin butter while the soap is much milder.

Misc. Notes: Boyfriend approved; his exact words were "I want to eat that."

Would I buy it again? Absolutely. Haus of Gloi's pumpkin butters are my favorite lotions - they're very moisturizing and a little goes a long way. Plus this one smells super yummy. The mini scrub will definitely get used, though the soap may languish and eventually get swapped or gifted - I just don't use bar soap often. So that one I actually wouldn't buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment