Sunday, January 6, 2013

haus of gloi pumpkin eater


Haus of Gloi Pumpkin Eater 6 oz pumpkin butter


Cream, glowing pumpkin, rich vanilla bean and the tiniest touch of nutmeg butter.

Pumpkin Eater is from HoG's Halloween collection - I got this one in 2011 but if I recall correctly it was offered this last Halloween as well. 

In the jar, the pumpkin butter smells like creamy pumpkin custard. There's a hint of spice but it's very mild. It's not as sweet as you might expect, at least to my nose - the pumpkin smells more "fresh" and less like pumpkin pie. I think this may be thanks to the lack of heavy pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, cloves, allspice, etc. The nutmeg is there, but it's not strong.

On the skin Pumpkin Eater is a touch spicier and a bit less creamy, but overall the effect is still of a delicious pumpkin custard. It's a pretty mild scent on me - especially for an autumn scent, which tend to be very heavy and spicy - but it does linger for a good while and I can smell it here and there throughout the day. The formula is, as usual, fantastic - HoG's pumpkin butters are a staple for me and I hoard them with wild abandon because they're so amazingly creamy and moisturizing. And a little goes a very long way - you may have noticed that I said I've been using this one since fall of 2011 and it's still not empty. I'd say there's about 1/3 of the jar left, and while I don't use it every day (see above re: hoarding with wild abandon, so I have a pretty large collection of these), I do use it anywhere from a few times a month to a few times a week depending on the season. You don't need much for your whole body and it makes you skin so ridiculously soft. Love these.

Misc. Notes? Mike smells peach in this - "like biting into a fruit and having juice run down everywhere." I don't get that at all, but I've read other reviews that mention it, so ymmv of the peach thing. Another thing I've noticed is that this goes SO WELL with Solstice Scents' Kitchen, which is one of my favorite scents ever and will be reviewed shortly I'm sure. I mention this because Kitchen really is very peachy.

Would I buy it again? Sure, if I ever finish it. I imagine I will eventually - probably just in time for the 2013 Halloween release. I'd definitely pick this scent up in the pumpkin butter again, but it's not one I need as a perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment