Tuesday, January 29, 2013

ohwto winter vacation


One Hand Washes The Other Winter Vacation solid perfume


Snow-covered hills, a pine forest, dried fruits, warm cocoa, and the glowing amber light of home, always kept within your sight.

Winter Vacation was part of One Hand Washes The Other's 2012 winter release.

In the tube I smell cocoa and mint. It's also a bit fruity and distinctly "cold." Once it's on the skin I get a lot more of the pine forest element. The cocoa is still there, but the fruitiness has moved to the background a bit. The amber isn't strong and it's working for me, which is rare. I think it just adds a bit of warmth. However it is still quite cold on the skin, which I think is mint, but it doesn't exactly smell minty anymore, if that makes sense. It just feels minty. I guess that's the "snow-covered hills" aspect. It's interesting.

I really like this one, and I think the description is perfect. It's chilly and woodsy but still a bit sweet, with a distant sort of warmth humming away underneath. The only bummer is that the lasting power is below average in my opinion - I need to reapply it every couple of hours.

Would I buy it again? Yes. It's a really nice winter fragrance and I don't think I have anything quite like it.

Available from: OHWTO

No comments:

Post a Comment