Saturday, January 26, 2013

haus of gloi something hopeful


Haus of Gloi Something Hopeful perfume oil sample


Perhaps the first stirrings of the spring to come. Warm sakura blossom green tea with the tiniest droplet of plum juice, red mandarin and crystallized jasmine essence.

Something Hopeful was part of Haus of Gloi's recurring Valentine's Day release, which goes live tomorrow. Timely review!


I received Something Hopeful as a sample with my Valentine's order in 2012 - it's not something I would have picked myself, as I'm not generally a fan of florals, especially jasmine.


In the imp, Something Hopeful smells fruitier than I would've expected, and a bit juicy. The tea note is lovely. The jasmine is definitely there, but it's underneath. It's actually quite nice. Unfortunately on my skin the jasmine takes over, pushing the sweet, fruity elements to the back. I can still sniff them if I really try, but mostly it's jasmine. The plum and mandarin just give it a bit of freshness, and the tea is pretty much undetectable. After a while the jasmine softens juuuust a little bit, but not enough to keep me from washing it off.


Would I buy it again? No. I didn't buy it in the first place, because I knew I probably wouldn't like it. And I don't. But it's just personal preference - if you like jasmine you will like this. It's well-blended and nicer than most florals I've smelled, but it's just not for me.


Available from: Haus of Gloi, starting tomorrow, January 27th.



No comments:

Post a Comment