Saturday, January 12, 2013

sweet anthem emily


Sweet Anthem Emily 10 ml solid perfume


She still wears her red dress, and paints her toes and twirls. Emily takes it back to old times of honey, oatmeal, yuzu, almond, Turkish mocha, vanilla, coconut, and sandalwood.

(However the actual notes listed are: almond, honey, milk, oatmeal, sandalwood, vanilla, and yuzu. No Turkish mocha.)

Emily is the only full-sized perfume I own from Sweet Anthem. I ordered a set of samples ages ago (years, literally) and Emily is the only one that caught my fancy. They make lovely products, but their scents are mostly more floral or perfume-y than I prefer.

I have the solid scent. The texture is a soft but solid wax in cool or normal weather; when it's warm it does get a bit squishier, but it holds its shape fine for the most part. The packaging is pretty and functional, but I'm not a huge fan of the plastic pots, as they're prone to breakage. I carried the solid scent sample I had of this around in my purse and the lid cracked. This one hasn't, but I also don't carry it around in my purse anymore. They've changed their design a bit since I bought this, and it looks like the new pots are sturdier, so maybe that's not an issue anymore.

In the pot I smell sharp almond and citrus (guess that's the yuzu) and sandalwood. On skin the almond softens a bit and the honey, oatmeal, and milky vanilla make themselves known, though I think the yuzu and sandalwood are always the strongest players on me. There's also very slight powdery quality. It's quite pretty, and interesting in that all of the notes (save sandalwood) are foody and yet the scent is not at all foody to my nose. It's not sugary sweet, or even very sweet at all. I feel like this is a scent that foody haters could wear with ease.

Throw and lasting power are minimal. It wears close to the skin and only lasts a couple of hours. You'd definitely need to touch it up throughout the day.

Misc. Notes: When I stuck this under Mike's nose, he sniffed it three times and then just said, "what is that?" The individual notes don't scream themselves out, so that makes sense I guess. But not the most positive reaction ever.

Would I buy it again? Maybe. It's not one I wear terribly often, but I do like it. It's a well-blended scent that's a bit different from everything else I own, and it's nice to have a few of those around. But while I'm glad I have it, but I don't think I'd seek it out again if I happened to lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment