Thursday, January 17, 2013

hau of gloi sweet potato treat


Haus of Gloi Sweet Potato Treat pumpkin butter (6 oz)


For me, this is the epitome of holiday comfort food: Sweet potatoes with mild spices, butter and brown sugar baked off with marshmallows.

Sweet Potato Treat was part of Haus of Gloi's Yule release in 2012. I'm not sure if it was part of previous Yule releases or not.


In the jar the pumpkin butter smells creamy and mildly spiced. I get a bit of sweet potato and butter and it's all very comforting. On the skin SPT becomes spicier on me, but spicy scents usually do. That mellows out after a while and goes back to being the buttery, creamy, sweet scent it is in the jar. It's a wonderful cold weather scent. I never get much of the marshmallow, which is a bit disappointing, but overall I really love this. The word I'd use to describe it is delicious. It's got good staying power, too - I can still smell hints of it on my skin at the end of a long day.


Misc. Notes: I shoved this under Mike's nose and he said, "I want to eat it." I asked if he had any other thoughts and he said, "I want to eat all of it."


Would I buy it again? Yes. I wish I'd gotten the whipped soap in this as well, actually. The perfume is still available on the HoG website, but I don't think it's one I need in that format. I don't think.

No comments:

Post a Comment