Friday, January 18, 2013

ohwto hungry ghost


One Hand Washes The Other Hungry Ghost solid perfume


Steaming-hot Green Tea, Lively Lemongrass, and Cardamom, with Peppermint providing a wisp of otherworldly chill.

Hungry Ghost was part of One Hand Washes The Other's 2011 Halloween release. I believe it has now been slightly tweaked and added to the general catalog as Cicada Song.

In the tube Hungry Ghost smells mostly of lemongrass. I love the smell of lemongrass so this pleases me. There is also a slight wisp of peppermint. It's very refreshing. On skin it's largely the same, but the green tea and cardamom notes also show up. The cardamom especially. As it wears the green tea note becomes more prominent. It's light, fresh, and energizing - I love this one when I'm feeling sluggish. It's like a cup of hot, zingy lemon ginger tea. It's also a nice change of pace from the usual deep, spicy-sweet scents that populate most fall/Halloween perfume collections. I love those scents, but they don't get much play once temperatures start rising - this one is just as wearable, if not more so, in hot weather as it is in cold.

The throw is surprisingly good for a solid perfume, especially one with such light notes.

Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat. It's lovely and a bit different and I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment