Wednesday, February 20, 2013

alkemia apple tart



A temptation of candied fall apples swirled with a playful tease of fall spices and sexy aphrodisiac resins.

In the interest of getting through some of the approximately 475 perfume samples I have in a box in my bedroom, I've been scooping a handful out into a little bowl and keeping it next to my computer. Every day I reach in, pull one out, and review it. It's been fun and I'm re-sniffing things I wouldn't have chosen on my own or that didn't work out for me the first time around. Today I pulled out Apple Tart from Alkemia. Apple Tart is actually the reason I ordered some samples from Alkemia ages ago - I am a sucker for apple scents, and the name is adorable.

In the imp it's spicy and resiny with just a bit of juicy apple underneath. On skin it's pretty much the same. The apple is supporting player in this - it's definitely a spice-heavy scent on me. But I do tend to amp cinnamon and the like, so skin chemistry could be mucking this one up for me. Either way, I don't like it much. I prefer my apple scents to be on the fresh, tart end of the spectrum, or if they're spicy, of the buttery apple pie oeuvre  This reminds me more of an apple-cinnamon candle.

Would I buy it again? No. I remember not loving it when I first got the samples, and that remains true today.

Available from: Alkemia Perfumes

No comments:

Post a Comment