Monday, February 11, 2013

solstice scents nightgown



Vanilla, White Chocolate, Tuberose & Tiare Flowers


Nightgown is part of Solstice Scents' general catalog. I've never tried it before because florals are not my thing, but it's so incredibly popular with SS fans that I figured I should give it a chance and chose it as the free sample with my last order.


In the imp and wet on skin I get a very sweet floral. It's flowers, flowers, flowers, and some vanilla. After a few minutes I start to get a bit of smooth richness from the white chocolate. The sweetness of the vanilla and white chocolate help keep the floral elements juuust on the right side of overpowering, and then as it dries down they begin to take over and the tuberose and tiare move to the background. By the time it's completely dry and settled on my skin it's more of a floral-tinged creamy vanilla than anything. It's actually quite pretty, and I like it more than 99.9% of other (non-rose) florals I've tried.


The name of this is so appropriate. The scent really does evoke images of wispy, feminine, gossamer-thin, pale pink and ivory fabrics. It's just pretty.


Would I buy it again? I'd definitely choose it as my sample again, but even though I do enjoy it, I don't think it's something I need to own a full bottle of. Ultimately florals are just not my preferred scents, and while I may pull this out and wear it on a day I'm feeling particularly girly, I can't imagine I'll use it enough to justify owning 10ml of it.


Available from: Solstice Scents

4 comments:

  1. So many nice reviews on this one! I do love creamy florals and getting a full size straight away of this in my next order!
    I enjoy reading your posts. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su! I've been really enjoying writing it. :)

      If you like creamy florals I think you'll LOVE Nightgown. I never expected to like this, but honestly I shouldn't be too surprised - I've rarely met a SS blend I outright disliked.

      Delete
  2. I like tuberose so I´m anxious to try this one! I´ll be getting a decant from a kind soul soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like tuberose much and I like Nightgown, so I think it's safe to say that you'll enjoy it!

      Delete