Thursday, February 7, 2013

arcana quim



Lush French cognac, deepest chocolate, banana creme, and succulent orange entwine over a base of sensual ambrette musk.


Cheeky name, right? But the slang works. I'm not sure I'd want to buy a perfume called Vagina, but Quim doesn't have the same off-putting effect. (For the record I wouldn't want to buy a perfume called Penis either, though I'm not sure calling it Wanker would be any better... )


I've been interested in this one for a while, because chocolate, banana, and orange sounds delicious; banana in particular is a note I'm very fond of. I only got a sample imp of it, though, because the mention of amber (or in this case ambrette musk) makes me nervous... most ambers go over-powering and gross on me.


When I first sniff this and put it on, it smells like bubblegum. It's really weird. After a few minutes I get banana and orange, sort of like bananas flambe with orange liquor or an alcoholic creamsicle. It's yummy. Much yummier than bubblegum. After a bit more time I get a tiny hint of chocolate, but I never get any sniffable amber, which I am happy about. The longer I wear this the more it smells like banana to me, and I love it.


It's got decent lasting power, too - I put it on around 2 pm and I could still smell it faintly at 11:30. Not too shabby.


Misc. Notes: Mike says this one smells like "raisins and dark fruit and maybe bourbon." Okay then.


Would I buy it again? Yes. In fact I will be receiving a full bottle of this soon. I love banana scents and I don't have many, so I'm happy to add it to my collection.


Available from: Wherever Arcana oils are sold - Scent Addict and The Soap Box Co among other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment