Monday, February 4, 2013

haus of gloi who needs love


Haus of Gloi Who Needs Love whipped soap and perfume oil sample


A mahogany box filled with chocolaty orbs, coated in crystallized coffee - filled with a pomegranate and raspberry filling. Who needs love when you have something this decadent?

Who Needs Love is part of Haus of Gloi's recurring Valentine's Day release. I picked up a whipped soap and a perfume oil sample in this scent.


In the imp I smell raspberry first, then chocolate and coffee. There's a slightly astringent quality to it. On skin that astringency is amped up - I'm thinking it's the combination of the bitter coffee and tart fruits. It's almost a bit floral. I don't get much chocolate once it's on the skin, even after it wears for a while, which is disappointing. In fact it seems to get more floral as time goes on.


I was hoping Who Needs Love would be Vice's tarty little sister, but they smell nothing alike to me. The whipped soap lacks that astringent floral note, smelling a bit creamy instead - I like it a bit better in that form.


Would I buy it again? No. I'm glad I got the chance to try a sample, just because I love trying new things, but the perfume doesn't work for me and I'm glad I resisted the urge to buy a bottle or a tub of pumpkin butter unsniffed. I know a lot of people love this one, so maybe it just doesn't agree with my skin chemistry, but either way it's not for me. The whipped soap will get used up but I wouldn't buy another one.


Available from: Haus of Gloi - the Vday collection is up for sale as of this posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment