Friday, February 8, 2013

haus of gloi satyr



Absolutely fiendish creature! And quite frolicsome: Italian blood orange drizzled with blackened vanilla.

Satyr was one of my very first full-sized purchase from Haus of Gloi, lo those many moons ago. I bought the perfume oil in February of 2011 and the pumpkin butter in May of the same year. So at this point they've been kicking around for pretty much two years and the perfume oil is barely out of the neck of the bottle and the pumpkin butter tub is still about 1/3 full. This right here is why my compulsion to get backups of stuff is insane. Insane. And yet.


Satyr smells like a grown-up creamsicle, in every form. The blood orange makes it a bit less candy-like than straight-up sweet orange, but still: creamsicle. It's delicious. Simple as that.


For the record, the products have lasted very well. The texture of the pumpkin butter has changed a bit - it's firmer than the fresh ones, but it still moisturizes just as well and the scent hasn't morphed much, if at all. The perfume may have changed a bit with age - I feel like the vanilla is a little deeper and creamier than it was when I first got it - but that's to be expected with any perfume oil.


Would I buy it again? Yes, although I don't know when I'll have to. When I eventually finish the pumpkin butter I will pick up a mini-sized one instead of a full-size, and it will probably still take me a year to finish it.


Available from: Haus of Gloi

No comments:

Post a Comment