Wednesday, February 27, 2013

arcana herne


Horned trickster, lord of the forest, god of the wild hunt. Cassia cinnamon, Atlas cedarwood, fir needle oil, and a whiff of Herne's holy oak tree.

In the imp Herne smells like cinnamon and cedar. It's an odd combination, in part because cedar always put me in mind of hamster cages. On skin it's mostly still cinnamon and cedar, but I get a bit of the fir as well. It's spicy and very woody. The cinnamon smells like sniffing cinnamon sticks rather than the ground stuff, if that makes sense, which adds to the woodiness.


This scent is weird. If I had to sum it up I'd say it smells like a spicy hamster cage, and I don't really like it, but I keep sniffing my wrist anyway. It's not something I would wear, but it's very interesting.


Would I buy it again? No. I'm glad I have a sample of it, but I just can't with all the cedar.


Available from: Wherever Arcana oils are sold - Scent Addict and The Soap Box Co among other places, or directly from Julia via email.

No comments:

Post a Comment