Tuesday, February 26, 2013

delightful rot 67 chevy impala



A man's scent. Bay rum, spiked with graveyard dirt, gunpowder, a touch of leather and a ring of salt, with an overtone of masculine musk.

Another Supernatural scent from Delight Rot today - I asked Mike to reach into my current "to be reviewed" sample bowl and pull something out for me, and this is what he came up with. Kind of fitting since it's described as "a man's scent," I guess.

For those not familiar with Supernatural, 67 Chevy Impala is in reference to the car Sam and Dean drive, which is a shiny, badass, incredibly sexy 1967 Chevy Impala. Yes, it is sexy. And I'm not a car person at all. But it just is.

In the imp 67 Chevy Impala smells like dirt and spicy cologne (that'd be the bay rum). It is STRONG. So strong that it stung my eyes a bit when I brought the wand up to my nose. On skin I get more leather on top of the dirt and a whiff of spicy bay rum. There is a slight musky, sweaty saltiness to it as well. After it wears for a while the musk comes out and I get a tiny hint of smokiness from the gunpowder, but it's not overpowering at all, even for a smoke-phobe like me.

In the full description of this, it's noted that 67 Chevy Impala is quite strong and you don't need to use much. This is very true. I swiped a tiny bit onto my wrist and I could smell it very clearly while typing this. The throw is impressive for a perfume oil. It lasts really well too.

I really, really like this. It's masculine, yes, but I tend to like manly scents - Old Spice is one of my favorite smells in the entire world, to the point where I will creepily sniff the deodorants whenever I am in a drugstore - so this appeals to me. It smells sexy, which is fitting for a scent based on the Impala. Because while in reality Sam, Dean, and the car would probably all smell like dirt, blood, engine grease, hotel soap, and fast food wrappers, this sexy, dirty, rugged man smell is much more appealing and in line with the image presented by the show.

Would I buy it again? Yes, definitely. I'm actually thinking about picking up a bottle of this, because I don't really have anything like it and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist while I had it on. This is the gem of the bunch from my Delightful Rot samples so far.

Available from: Delightful Rot

No comments:

Post a Comment