Thursday, February 21, 2013

delightful rot castiel



A softer, clean masculine scent. A hint of frankincense, touched with heavy wet clouds and the worn cotton of a khaki trench coat.

I am a Supernatural fan. I am two seasons behind at the moment, and I think the series went a little ehhhh after about season 5, but still, I would call myself a fan. I know a thing or two about two smokin' hot brothers driving around the country in a badass car killing demons. I am kind of a big nerd in general, to be honest, which is part of why Delightful Rot appeals to me. They have a whole host of scents inspired by Supernatural, Doctor Who (!!), Harry Potter, Batman, and other nerdly delights. I don't know what the scent-brain behind Delightful Rot has in mind for the future, but - just tossing a suggestion out to the void of the internet here - if Buffy perfumes ever happened I would buy all of them immediately. ALL OF THEM. It is to dream.

Anyway, today I have Delightful Rot's Castiel to review. Castiel is an angel who is kind of Sam and Dean's sidekick in the later seasons of Supernatural. He's amusing because he doesn't understand human things. I like his coat.

In the imp and on skin Castiel smells clean and very slightly sweet. A bit like lemon, though there is nothing like that in the description. It is listed as a masculine scent, and while I think that's true, I would wear it as well. It's not heavy or cologne-y. It really does smell a bit "wet," if that makes sense. Like hanging laundry to dry outside on an overcast day. I don't usually go for "clean laundry" kind of scents, but I actually do like this one.

I was curious about the lemon thing, so I looked up frankincense, and sure enough, it's described as having a "balsamic-spicy, slightly lemon, fragrance of incense, with a conifer-like undertone." That's exactly what I'm smelling. So the description here is spot-on.

Would I buy it again? The sample, absolutely. While I do quite like it, I'm not sure I need a full bottle as it's not the kind of scent I usually wear. But the more I sniff it the more it grows on me, so we'll see if my feelings change by the time/if I finish the imp.

Available from: Delightful Rot

1 comment:

  1. I just put this on this morning - I'm getting more lime than lemon, oddly. Love it. (And love your blog - I'm an incurable imp-buyer, from Delightful Rot and BPAL.)

    ReplyDelete