Wednesday, February 13, 2013

arcana leaves falling like rain


In honor of our beloved Pacific Northwest and the best time of the year. A comforting base of brown sugar, caramel, gingersnaps and cappuccino is sparked off with hints of vintage patchouli, hyssop, mullein and white pepper.

I have this thing where I'm kind of obsessed with the Pacific Northwest. I've never even been there, but for as long as I can remember I've thought it was the perfect part of the States for me. It's got my perfect weather - mild tending toward cool, frequently overcast and/or rainy - and my favorite landscape - lots of trees and dense greenery. Plus Portland is basically the vegan capitol of the world. So combine this unfounded fascination with my gut-level need to sniff any scent with the word "leaves" or "woods" or "forest" in the title, well, it was only a matter of time before Leaves Falling Like Rain made its way into my possession in some format.


I picked up this sample with my last Soap Box Co. order, and then promptly spilled half of it all over myself while I was making Mike sniff it. Wah wah. Luckily it spilled on my hand and not our couch, but it hurt me to wash it all away. This shit ain't cheap.


In the imp it smells sweet and spicy and peppery. I get a bit of something almond-y even though there's nothing like that in the notes list. On skin the pepperiness is less pronounced, and I smell gingersnaps and brown sugar and cappuccino. It's like being in a coffee shop on a chilly fall day. That almond note is still coming out for me, a bit like an amaretto cake or something. I'm not sure what's responsible for that but it's nice.


I thought this might smell a bit like Solstice Scents' Gingerbread and Vanilla Cream, and it does, but Leaves Falling Like Rain is much spicier and less sweet.


Would I buy it again? Yes. I'm glad I got a sample of it, finally. I'm not sure it's one I'll need to hunt down a full bottle of, though, as I have similar scents and do tend to prefer the sweeter ones.


Available from: Wherever Arcana oils are sold - Scent Addict and The Soap Box Co among other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment