Sunday, March 17, 2013

alkemia county fair


The nostalgic scent of an old-fashioned American carnival midway — pink cotton candy, hot kettle corn, freshly fried dough, candied apples, and saltwater taffy.

County Fair was a limited edition release in 2012. I received it as a freebie with my sample order last year.

In the imp it smells like popcorn and funnel cakes and, though it's not in the notes, chocolate. On skin the pink cotton candy really comes to the front, all bright spun sugar, and I get the salty, buttery sweet popcorn, and yep, still chocolate.

It's really sweet. Like, really, really sweet. This is not a negative for me - I love sweet, foody scents - but it's something to be aware of. It's borderline diabetes-inducing. It's also very true to concept - it really is just a riot of sweets and candy and crunchy fried, sugar-dusted goodness.

Would I buy it again? Probably, but it's not available anymore, so I can't! Alas.

Available from: Alkemia Perfumes

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this review! The good news is that County Fair is a seasonal scent that runs from summer to fall. You can find it here:

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/99360354/county-fair-perfume-oil-5-ml-limited

    ReplyDelete