Tuesday, March 5, 2013

haus of gloi hearth


The warm glowing center of home. Autumns last apple pickings, warm bread, orange rind, various fire roasted nuts, cracked black pepper all nailed down by an oozing sticking benzoin.

Hearth is part of Haus of Gloi's recurring Winter collection. I picked this mini up from the most recent release in 2012.

In the jar Hearth smells like spiced apples and oranges. On skin I smell more of the nuts and bread and pepper. It's much less sweet than I expected from the cold sniff, and the fruitiness is subtle. Once it settles I get mostly very peppery orange and I don't love it. Given the notes, I should like this, but it just doesn't work with my skin chemistry.

Would I buy it again? No. In fact, this little guy is being sent off in a swap to someone who will hopefully love it more than I do. Godspeed, Hearth.

Available from: Haus of Gloi

No comments:

Post a Comment