Monday, March 25, 2013

delightful rot TARDIS


Inspired by the famous blue police box, this scent is the interpretation of a blueberry steeped English breakfast tea.


Mmm, okay. So I am a total Doctor Who nerd. TARDIS and Sonic Screwdriver are the scents that prompted me to order samples from Delightful Rot in the first place. I had high hopes, too, because blueberry? Tea? Sign me up! So did I end up loving it as much as I love the glorious blue box it's named after?


Forget Calgon. Doctor, take me away!

Unfortunately, not so much. In the imp, TARDIS smells like blueberry and perfume. On skin I smell the tea more - the blueberry gets very faint - but still, that generic perfume note is overpowering anything I might otherwise like about this scent. As you may have noticed, I don't like things that smell like perfume. I don't want to smell like a bottle of something fell on me at CVS, or like I got assaulted by department store employees with whatever celebrity fragrance just came out. I like perfume oils because, among other things, they tend to smell more unique. TARDIS, sadly, does not. It smells like generic perfume with sad little punches of tea and blueberry.

Sad ON ME, of course. That's always worth saying again. This might smell wonderful on you, but on me? No me gusta.

Since I played this game when Leaf on the Wind disappointed me, what would my TARDIS perfume smell like? Old, old weathered wood, dust, dark, damp alien soil, black and mint teas, tart blueberry, bright white vanilla and vibrant satsuma orange (for the blinding light of the time vortex at the heart of the TARDIS), and a touch of warm cinnamon. IT'S A NOTE PARTY, EVERYONE'S INVITED.

Would I buy it again? No. Sorry, Doctor.

Available from: Delightful Rot

2 comments:

  1. I´m with you there! Perfume shouldn´t smell like perfume!I´m not much of a Doctor Who fan so I don´t really know what my TARDIS scent would smell like... Something metallic perhaps, some strange herbals, lots of alien smells but also a hint of something familiar and comforting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't! When I think "perfume," I just think of that overpowering flowery musty scent that everyone's grandma ever wears. No thanks!

      The beautiful thing is that a TARDIS perfume could pretty much smell like anything at all, since the whole point of it is that it travels everywhere in time and space.

      Delete