Friday, March 29, 2013

arcana namaka


Mighty Hawaiian sea goddess Namaka-o-Kahai'i rules ocean currents, tidal waves, and thundering waterfalls. Coconut, vanilla bean, rice milk, golden amber, watermelon, banana leaf, aged patchouli, and lemongrass.


The first of many reviews from my recent Arcana haul! LET'S DO THIS THING.


In the imp, Namaka smells like sweet coconut milk and fruity watermelon. On skin I start to get a bit of amber, but it doesn't go bad on me, it just kind of grounds the sweet and fruity notes. It smells warm and tropical but not in an umbrella drinks kind of way. It just reminds me of summer. The patchouli doesn't assert itself much, if at all, which I am totally cool with.

Would I buy it again? Yes. I'm planning to pick up a bottle with my next Arcana order for sure.


Available from: Wherever Arcana oils are sold - Magical Omaha and The Soap Box Co among other places, or you can order direct from Julia using the contact info at Arcana Soaps.

2 comments:

  1. If not for the watermelon I think I would like this... Summer scents are not my thing though, too light and fresh. I enjoy dark scents. I´d love to find a summer scent that had a concept more centered around summer nights, something sensual, beautiful and still quite dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like it despite the watermelon! It's not as fresh and fruity as watermelon usually implies. I'm afraid I'm not a ton of help when it comes to recommending darker scents - they tend not to be my favorites. Just from the recent Arcana stuff I've gotten, though, it sounds like you might really like Queen Crossbones! It's sweet but dark, sort of resin-y honey.

      Delete