Friday, March 22, 2013

haus of gloi sanctum


A welcome respite: Muskmelon, coconut water infused with bergamot flower, kaffir lime,  polished ho wood and sticky benzoin.

Sanctum is one of Haus of Gloi's recurring summer scents. I picked this mini sugar scrub up during the last release in 2012. In theory I loooove this scent so I very nearly ordered a full-size perfume, smell unsniffed, when the summer stuff went up last year. Turns out I'm super glad I didn't!

In the tub Sanctum smells like watermelon candy, but not sickly sweet watermelon candy - not jolly rancher territory or anything. More like a fresh, crisp watermelon gummy or something. It's really nice.

Unfortunately it all goes south once I actually use it. HoG emulsifying scrubs leave quite a bit of scent on the skin, which is great if you like the smell... not so much if you don't. Something about this scent, once it's on my skin, is, in a word, repulsive. I don't know what part of it I'm smelling - the coconut water? -  but the only way I can describe it is milky vomit. I've never experienced this with any HoG scent before so I'm assuming it's some reaction with my particular skin chemistry, but man is it terrible. I'll use up my sample because I hate to waste things, but only on my legs. Because they are the farthest from my nose.

Would I buy it again? Nooooo no no. Ye gods no. Back, foul creature! RETREAT.

Available from: Haus of Gloi

No comments:

Post a Comment