Saturday, March 9, 2013

violette market mr. morgan's cidermill


Autumn apple cider, pressed black apples, amber wood, orchard pear, aged cedar wood, vintage patchouli leaf, blood cedar wood, and sweet vetiver.

My second Violette Market scent! Also received as an extra. Let's see how it is!

In the imp it's - whoa. Intense. I smell cedar and amber and patchouli, lot of wood, with a bit of sourness and sweetness of the cider and pear. On skin I actually smell the apple and pear a bit less, but it's also less intense in general. I mostly smell cedar (but it's not hamster-cagey) and dry pear. Sort of like hard pear cider as opposed to a fresh pear. As it dries it gets a bit sweeter but it's still very woody and dry. It's interesting. I didn't think I'd like it at all when I sniffed it in the imp, and I'm not super crazy about it on, but I don't hate it either, and I keep going back for more. So that says something.

Would I buy it again? No. While I'm glad I got to try it (I am, after all, inexorably drawn to any scent with apple in the notes list), it's not fruity enough for my liking. But I do think I'll wear the imp I have, especially in the fall.

Available from: Violette Market

No comments:

Post a Comment