Wednesday, March 13, 2013

arcana burlesque


The sweet, smoky decadence of a bawdy dance hall, with bold amber, spicy chocolate and the warm wood of a well-traveled stage. Turn your daily grind into a bump and grind.

I believe I received Burlesque as a frimp when I purchased a bottle of something or other from someone in an LJ sale months ago. It's one I'd been interested in trying, but not sure enough on the notes to pick it up myself - so that worked out well.

In the imp I smell spicy chocolate and lots of amber. LOTS OF AMBER. When I first sniffed it, I actually "OOF" out loud. Amber is not my favorite note. (Understatement.) We don't usually get along very well. (Understatement.)

On skin it's almost all amber. The wood note is there as well, smelling to my nose like a scuffed and well-used hardwood. The chocolate is very mild once it's on, definitely taking a backseat to the amber (driving the car) and wood (passenger, but a little one, like a puppy or something). I can see why people like this, but since I don't care for amber (understatement!) and amber is mainly what I get from this, it's a no-go for me.

Would I buy it again? No. I'm glad I got to try it (even gladder that I didn't actually buy it), but it's definitely not for me.

Available from: Wherever Arcana oils are sold - Scent Addict and The Soap Box Co among other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment