Friday, March 1, 2013

delightful rot sherlock



Elementary. Based on the famous detective in literature, this scent includes a helping of pipe tobacco, spice cognac, 19th century cologne and stacks of dusty papers on old bookshelves.

Pipe tobacco, cognac, and old books? Yes please.

In the imp, Sherlock smells like booze, cologne, and for some reason I'm getting a tiny bit of tea. On skin it's a bit less sharp and boozy - it pretty much just smells like a nice cologne. It's spicy in an Old Spice kind of way and just a tiny tiny bit sweet, which my brain is still interpreting as tea. Maybe just because it's called "Sherlock." There is also a very slight mustiness representing the dusty papers portion of the description. At first I didn't think the pipe tobacco made an appearance in this one, but after wearing for a while I did start to notice faint whiffs of it. It's nice, but I wish it were more prevalent. My dad smoked a pipe when I was little so it's a scent I find very comforting and nostalgic.

Would I buy it again? No. It's a perfectly lovely scent, but while I do like manly scents, this one isn't quite special enough to warrant an entry into my collection. I do think it would smell super sexy on an actual human male though. I may "spill it" onto my boyfriend to test this theory.

 Available from: Delightful Rot

No comments:

Post a Comment