Thursday, March 7, 2013

delightful rot djinni



Be careful what you wish for. What seems sugary and charming at first, with notes of lychee, black coconut and yuzu, soon reveals to have a sinister and smoky interior, curls of copal and dark musks floating out of what seemed to be nothing but sweet.

In the imp, Djinni is sweet and citrusy with a hint of something darker. On skin it's less sweet but still quite citrusy, and I can smell the coconut more. It's got a dark, warm (literally - something about this smells "hot" to me, like minty things always smell "cold"), musky undertone, but I don't really get any smoke. Which is, as ever, fine by me.

This is really interesting - it's at once bright and sweet and dark and musky. I don't quite know how I feel about it, but I couldn't stop sniffing at my wrist, so that says something. The description and idea behind it are very fitting, and although I don't believe it's intentional, this one reminds me of the djinn episode of Supernatural. Bright and shiny on the surface, but underneath everyone's chained up in a dirty warehouse getting tortured by a creepy guy with an excess of facial tattoos.

Would I buy it again? I'm not sure. As of right this moment I don't think it's something I need to own a full bottle of, but I'll have to wear it a few more times and see if my opinion changes.

Available from: Delightful Rot

No comments:

Post a Comment